The sun still rises each day. There are still simple pleasures like ice cream on a hot day, laughing with friends, listening to your favourite band, and other good things you can enjoy.
Five ways to ignite hope:
- Start with gratitude - make a list of all the good things in your life.
- Replace your negative thoughts. The next time your thoughts are get stuck on a negative loop, change the message. For example, change 'this pandemic will never end' to 'other pandemics have ended, so this one will too.' You can't change what happens to you, but you can change how you react to it.
- Spend time with friends - face to face connection is so important for your mental health.
- You are stronger and more resilient than you think. Find some positive self-affirmations to remind yourself of this.
- Get out in nature - I find that a walk through the bush or on the beach is good for the soul. Even laying in your backyard and watching the clouds or the stars can lighten your soul.