The Bella Rae blog has a useful article by recruitment officer, Natasha Lehndorf, on how to do well in a job interview. She suggests:
If you are planning to get a job you need to have a Tax File Number. Many high schools guide students through this process at school. But if you don't have one yet you can download the application form at the ATO website. You can then make an appointment at Australia Post or Centrelink for an interview. You must take in your proof of ID. Check out the ATO website for more information.
As Year 12 students get ready for mock exams, here is some great advice from Jo Messer. The full article is well worth a read, you can find it at careerfaqs.com.au.
1. Most people don't know what they want to do when they finish school - it's normal!
2. Your marks don't define your course or career choice.
3. There is more than one road to the same destination (e.g., bridging course).
4. You need to be aware of what your influences are (family, friends etc).
5. If you take a year off, use it wisely.