It's holiday season and many of you will be getting there by plane. There is nothing worse than having someone kick the back of your seat the whole way there. Airplanes are confined spaces so be considerate of your fellow travellers.
RSVP stands for répondez s'il vous plaît, which is French for please respond. It is important to respond to any invitation, but especially one with an RSVP so that the host knows how many people to cater for. Here are some tips:
Diane Gottsman is an etiquette expert from the US. She has an her website about etiquette rules that apply when using technology. I have to admit I've been guilty of a few of these and will try to be more polite in future. She suggests:
It's the season for giving - here are some of the rules of etiquette for gifting.
FOR THE GIVER:
1. Invest in gift-wrapping.
2. Include a card, not a gift tag.
3. Do not regift to anyone in the same social circle.
FOR THE RECEIVER:
1. Always read the card first.
2. Always open the card as soon as you get it so you can thank the giver straight away.
3. Be considerate when boasting about your gifts on social media.