Shop Ethical is an online Australian guide to ethically produced products. It covers food, fashion, cosmetics and electrical. It also has information on issues such as labour exploitation, nanotechnology and animal testing. You can find the guide here.
If you are aged 16-24 and are either looking for work or are undertaking an approved activity or course you may be eligible for Youth Allowance. Find out more here.
You might want to change the world but feel powerless to do anything as a teenager. Monica Bourgeau wrote a good article that you can find on the Huffington Post website about 7 Ways to Change the World. The first one was to start small. She told the story of Nobel Prize Winner, Mohammad Yunus, who started a micro finance business lending money to those in poverty to start their own businesses. He started with $27 of his own money. Now the Grameen Bank which he started has issued billions of dollars to over 7 million borrowers.
Bella Rae is a new magazine whose motto is value, beauty and purpose. It is for teens and young women and promotes real stories, real people and real issues. I read the first issue from cover to cover and loved it. Issue 2 is available now. You can find it at your local newsagent (ask for it if they don't have it) or you can order it online. They also have a blog - check it out here.
The Huffington Post has a great article about 10 Understated Qualities of a Truly Beautiful Woman.
1. Elegance - being strong and assured in who you are;
2. Kindness - how you treat, think about and speak to others;
3. Composure - self control;
4. Courage - be willing to dare;
5. Confident - your self-awareness;
6. Deliberate - you're clear and persistent about who you are;
7. Intelligent - in both knowledge and emotions;
8. Humble - you know it's not all about you;
9. Honest - people love what is real; and
10. Loving - there is nothing more appealing than a loving person
Read the full article here.