- First repetition – Within a day
- Second repetition – After a few days
- Third repetition – After a week
- Fourth Repetition – After a month
- Fifth Repetition – After a few months
German psychologist Ebbinghaus researched memory and coined the term the forgetting curve. Basically, you forget what you have learnt over time. Ebbinghaus found that you forget 95% of what you learn after three days. Fortunately, he also found that if you review the material multiple times in the following days and months, you can retain 95% of what you learn. The review sessions do not have to take long - the first one may take 15 minutes, but follow up reviews may only take 5 minutes. Here is a suggested schedule for review if you really want to make that info stick.