Often we use food as a reward or for comfort when we're stressed. While it makes you feel good in the short term, all that chocolate, cake, chips and other junk food can have a negative effect on your waistband. Not to mention the guilt that follows after you've just polished off that packet of Tim Tams.
Here are some non-food ways to reward yourself when you've stuck to your goals or to boost your mood when you feel down:
* watch an episode of your favourite TV show or a good movie
* read a good book
* go to the beach
* pamper yourself with a manicure or pedicure
* soak in the bath (music and candles optional)
* turn the music up and dance like no one's watching
* go shopping and buy yourself a little treat - a magazine, costume jewellery, fun socks etc.
* go for a bike ride
* grab a friend and go to the movies.
Leave a Reply.