Inspired by Kaz Cooke and her book Girl Stuff and my own life experience, here are ten things to help cheer you up when you're feeling down:
1. Laugh - with friends, at a movie or show.
2. Get outside - fresh air is good for you.
3. Write in your journal - make a list of things that you love and make you happy.
4. Explore your creative side - express yourself in words, music, drawing or cooking.
5. Spend some time with a four-legged friend - take a neighbour's dog for a walk if you don't have a pet.
6. Hang out with friends (you could combine this with hot chocolate or retail therapy).
7. Do good works - volunteer, help out a neighbour or at home.
8. Do some exercise - go for a walk or run, ride your bike or go to a fitness class.
9. Sort out your room - it's good for the soul.
10. Turn your music up real loud - sing like no one is listening and dance like no one is watching.