If you are struggling at school or just want to do better, read this article on www.educationcorner.com on study habits. Here they are in a nutshell:
1. Don't attempt to cram all your studying into one session
2. Plan when you're going to study
3. Study at the same time
4. Each study time should have a specific goal
5. Don't procrastinate your planned study session
6. Start with the most difficult subject first
7. Always review your notes before starting an assignment
8. Make sure you're not distracted when you're studying.
9. Use study groups effectively
10. Review your notes, school work and other class material over the weekend.