- Set the temperature of the iron according to the fabric that you are ironing (unless you want to melt your delicate fabrics). Check the label of your garment to be sure.
- Spraying your clothes with water helps get the wrinkles out and is cheaper than fabulon and other ironing aids.
- Turn clothing with prints inside out to iron. Alternatively you can use a cloth (a t-towel or handkerchief will do).
- Hang shirts on a hanger when wet to make them easier to iron.
- Don't iron clothing while you are wearing it - a girl at my school actually tried this and got a nasty burn.
Check out this video from Rachel Ballinger (she's a bit crazy but if anyone else can find a better how-to-iron tutorial let me know.