According to Karen Young from https://www.heysigmund.com, A toxic relationship contaminates your self-esteem, your happiness and the way you see yourself and the world. She outlines 15 signs that you might be in a toxic relationship - I have included seven of them in this post.
- It feels bad. All the time. Every relationship has some hiccups along the way - a misunderstanding or argument, but if these are more frequent than the good times then it might be time to rethink the relationship.
- They don't make an effort - you are the one that does all the work and makes all the compromises.
- They keep score of your failures - and constantly bring them up.
- You feel like you can't say no.
- They are physically or verbally abusive.
- They are passive - aggressive - when someone says, "It's ok, I'll stay home by myself while you go out and have fun," they clearly don't think it's ok.
- They don't listen to you or belittle your opinion.